Lambo Door Installation Tech Tips
1. Do not take Door off during installation. Please follow the detailed instruction manual step by step.
2. Make sure the mounting surface is flat as possible. If necessary, grind the surface so the vertical door kit can sit and mount flat.
3. Make sure both allen screw adjustment on each system are adjusted accordingly.
4. The kit requires no modification. The kit is a bolt on, but MOST INNER FENDERS MUST BE ROLLED.
For Tech Support, please contact our tech support department at 951-273-1069 M-F 8-4 PM (Pacific Standard Time). Before you call, please have all questions ready to ask. We are more than happy to answer any technical problems.
Please Note: You cannot compress the shocks by hand. The shock has 450Lbs - 800Lbs of pressure per square inch. They will not compress until installed on the hinge.
Basic Lambo Door Installation Instructions
Most Kits come with vehicle specific instructions with pictures but here is the basic installation:
1) Disconnect the battery.
2) Remove fender
3) Make sure to remove door catch if equipped.
4) Usually you will need to more wire slack: Usually you will need to remove the door panel or kick plate. Do not cut your factory wires unless you have no other choice.
Use 2” painters tape to mark the factory door location on the vertical and horizontal planes. Also measure the distance between the apron and front edge of the door by the top and bottom hinge.
5) Close the door and use 2" painters tape to secure the door to the body of the car.
6) Install new Lambo Door kit, make sure you have a flat surface if not you may need to modify your apron.
7) Make fine tuning adjustments and make sure all pivot points are greased. Installed the shock.
***DO NOT USE ANY TYPE OF TOOLS ON THE BODY OR SHAFT OF THE SHOCK***
Note: Do not install fender until the adjustment of the door is accurate. Also make sure everything is tight, adjustment is set and everything is Locktite.
8) Modify factory wire loom:
In order to be able to open and raise the door, cut the factory wire boot in half and add wire loom to protect exposed wires.
9) Cut the inner lip of your fender to make room for the new Lambo Door kit. Note: Cut only enough for the swing arm to move freely, after you have cut the fender use a sander or grinder and make sure the surface is completely smooth. Use touch up paint to protect the expose material and to give it a finish look.
Close the door and reinstall the Fender.
In you have any questions please do not hesitate to give us a call.
2003 - 2005 Hummer H2
Use cutting wheel and cut to make look like in picture
Installation on a Chevrolet Corvette C5 1997-2004
Chevrolet Corvette C5 1997-2004 Lambo Door Kit Installation Part 1
Chevrolet Corvette C5 1997-2004 Lambo Door Kit Installation Part 2
Installation on a Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2009 - 2015
Hyundai Genesis Coupe Lambo Door Installation Part 1
Hyundai Genesis Coupe Lambo Door Installation Part 2
Installation of the Rear Lambo doors on a Dodge Charger
All Tech Tips and images on this site and/or in the Printed instructions are for refence only. Your vehicle may be different and they may not apply to your vehicle.